Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Spring or Winter




















The votes are in and this logo won by a landslide.  I like it!

Last weekend I realized the flowers were coming out.  Pretty little blue ones and dandelions and yellow draping bushes that are something like honeysuckle.  I also saw the beginnings of tulips.  I can’t wait for spring.  Then right on queue, the snow came.  Hmmm, This sounds a lot like somewhere else I’ve lived…




I ran 19 miles this morning.   water……. food….  My run was suppose to be 20 miles and suppose to be last Sunday but whatever.  At least I caught the warmest weather all week.  Yeah!!!  I crawled to the house after running for 4 hours and 1473 feet of elevation gain, parched and hungry.

The highlight of my day is watching the disillusioned Muammar Gheddafi rant like a little boy caught with his hand in the cookie jar.  Does anyone else find this guy hilarious?  Not only does he fail to understand the proper structure of a speech, but also he has failed to identify this about himself and hasn’t hired someone who does know how to construct a speech.  I don’t know if we’re suppose to blame Al Qaeda, the UN or escaped criminal under the influence of Al Qaeda brainwashing the youth.  He tells us to launch and investigation but refuses to let people into the country.  Some peoples’ children, I tell you. 

Begin tangent
Today is also the first day of my Kaplan class on Entrepreneurship.  I have nothing but horrible things to say about this college so far.  My correspondence with the Admissions Assistant has lacked professionalism and any attempt at grammar went by the wayside a long time ago.  Almost every time the word “you” was typed it included a number in the mix.  I also can’t stand it when someone types out the entire contents of the e-mail in the subject line.  She then proceeded to block me from taking a class I paid for until I take a survey and this Admissions Assistant failed to return my e-mails after I try to confirm this fact.  Now she’s not answering her phone.
End tangent. 

Despite what you might think, I try to look on the bright side of things.  For instance, today I learned the mail system in Italy DOES work.  I received my UPS delivered book for my class (after paying as much for shipping as the book cost….and an extra 20 Euro when it arrived for their certified mail process).  However, I did take perverse pleasure watching the UPS truck drive back and forth on the road uphill from me before finally finding the driveway to this house.  But on the other hand, I’m not sure what this means for the 8 of you who never received your package from me that I sent ONE MONTH AGO.  Uh hem… Ironically, the packages that did contain wine were delivered first.  Now those bastards at UPS are just hording the candy.  There is just no trusting people.



2 comments:

  1. Loved the tangent and the pictures. Thanks for the stories tonight, I enjoyed reading as always.

    Have a great Thursday!

    ab

    ReplyDelete