Thursday, January 6, 2011

Travel Days

Oops.  Remembered to pack everything that I could readily just buy in Italy but forgot my wallet in my car, which was parked in my garage.  The fun’s only beginning.  Once at the airport, the line to check in is not moving due to 3 attendants working first class and one working everyone else.  Lucky for me, I have a smartphone and checked in from my phone bypassing the 60-minute wait.  Then my luggage was 26 kg and thereby 3 kg over.  The overage would have been $150 if not for the Lufthansa attendant giving me a box to carry extra items in.  Things are starting to look up.


5:18 am MST 1:18 pm my time
Frankfurt airport sucks.  I got a workout just getting to my connecting gate.  Through security AGAIN, down 4 flights of stairs, across the walkway, only to go up the elevator and down another hall.  The guy behind me in the security line said anyone who bought duty free on the plane has to turn it over at security (can’t go through security with liquids…).  But, I didn't buy any and I get to keep my shoes on through security, so I'm happy.  Just a little surprised I didn’t have to go through customs or declare anything.  Hmmm.


Exploration of the day: Driving 1000 vertical feet up Strada di Marini on a half of a lane of road with enough switchbacks to make Sherpa envious.  It took nothing short of “the force” to get me to the house.  Thanks Luke!

Word of the day: Sono arrivati di Italia (Well, phrase actually)
Denver Airport
Frankfurt Airport
Random Castle near Alba






Dangerous Driving #1
Dangerous Driving #2

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the Frankfurt airport does indeed suck - glad you made it out of there and found your way to your new home. I am so excited for you and can't wait to live through you while I take care of a screaming 1 month old :) Oh, and can you drink a glass of wine for me today since I am still sans vino?

    ReplyDelete